In my living room is a torqouise bottle I bought at Target last year. At one time I wanted to get rid of it because I got bored of its look. Then, yesterday, an inspiration came to my mind. MACRAME! (mak-ra-mey)
I remember doing macrame for a high school project. I did a plant hanger at that time. It was beautiful!
Now, I wanted this bottle to look chic and farmhouse. So I looked into my craft supplies and found a jute twine I bought from Dollar Tree for, of course, a dollar! Got my glue gun… And, started to be c-r-a-f-t-s-y!
Okay, so here is how I did it.
- I circled a piece of twine around the upper body of the bottle and tied their ends to secure it.
- Cut 8 pieces of jute twines the length of the bottle plus 4 more inches.
- Folded each of the twine with its ends coming together in the same length.
- Inserted the mid portion of the twine into the piece of jute I tied around the bottle.
- Made a knot of it to secure it to the piece.
- I tied each twine around the jute. You can see in the #6 picture below how it looks like at this point.
- Then I tied each hanging twine alternately.
- Bottle will look like in picture 8.
- Then I glued the ends to the bottle with the use of a hot glue.
10. After I glued all the ends of the twines, I covered them with another piece of jute twine, securing it again with hot glue. Twirled the twine around the bottle until it was covered to the bottom.
And it looked like this.
I could’ve stopped at this point. But I did not. I thought the top part was kind of bare.
So this was what I did.
- First I tied a twine around the lower part of the bottle’s neck. (I failed to take a shot of it at this point but you can see the jute tied around the neck in pic number 2 below.
- I cut 6 pieces of the twine with the length going from the top of the macrame to the top of the bottle plus 2 inches.
- I inserted each twine into the top part of the macrame in between the knots. You can refer to pic #1 below.
- Pic #2 shows how it looked after all the 6 pcs of twines were inserted starting down from the macrame up to the neck of the bottle (pic #3).
- I then glued the ends of the twine to the neck of the bottle and cut the extra pieces to give it a clean look. (pic #4)
6. Then I covered the neck with twine just like what I did with the bottom part. I secured it with hot glue.
And this is the finished product!
I placed it back on the shelf where it previously stood, but now it’s beauty is far different from what it used to be! From a plain and basic look to chic and farmhouse!
I hope you enjoyed my macrame craft! It’s so easy and simple to do. All you need is a little creativity and much patience.😉
Blessings of love and peace!❤️
Jute Twine – $1 from Dollar Tree
Bottle – $3 from Target (Goodwill, Savers, and other thrift stores sell nice bottles at great prices)